Though most of us might have came across few of these things, still I would like to share these suggesstion with you guys as I think probably this is the most precise list of steps I’ve received so far ; to save earth & save our environment for better life.
1. There is a cute small round press button at the bottom right corner of almost all monitors: Please make use of this, always switch off monitors when you are out of your desk, may be for lunch or tea. Yes it make difference.
2. Stop printing out Harry Porter, Jeffrey Archer and other e-books. This is a classic example of paper wastage. This sounds crazy to me at least. Come on man, its not needed at all.
3. If you have forgotten to give double-side prints, make sure you make use of the empty sides as scribbling pads or for your kids’ imposition.
4. Take two minutes from your busy schedule before hurrying back home to shut down the computer.
5. All of us are big time Googlers. Have you heard of the Blackle search engine? Blackle (Google powered) is a search engine designed all in Rich Black so that your system consumes less power. So change your homepage.
6. Plastic bags these days indeed come in bright and flamboyant colours and tempt us to take them home with us. But the saying, “Appearances are deceptive” holds true for these plastic things too. Next time, hold back or go prepared to counter temptation with a cloth bag.
7. Try to plantat least few plants around our houses, I don’t think those are really unaffordable. Roses saplings hardly cost 10-20 Rs. each.
8. Try to segregate the different kinds of waste into Bio-Degradable (Fruit or vegetable waste) , Recyclable (waste Paper, paper products) and Electronics (Floppy disks, CD-ROMS ). Once you have segregated your thrash, look for specialized trash cans to throw them away.